Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Out data type

When using Daqmx in LabView 7.1, configuring the ports creates a 'Task Out'; what data type is this? I wish to pass this data type via a LabView dll standard calling convention to TestStand but am unsure what data type it is.

What data type is the 'Task Out' and how to I pass it via a dll?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,442 Views)
Hi Steve H,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments. I have had a look into this problem and I think I have some information for you. The data type of the DAQmx Task out is DAQmx Task Name. I feel you have a number of different options available to you. You could convert this to a Variant type and then it can be accepted by anything, providing you convert it back again in TestStand. I would probably try and avoid this personally.

Secondly, you could try the method that I have outlined below:

I converted the VI attached DLLvi.vi into a DLL. When doing this, the input to the Input Line control was created in the DLL as a String handle. The Dll is called SharedLib.dll

I then created the attached VI called Tester. This will call the DLL and by passing in the value in the string constant through to the Dll, we can acquire 1000 samples.

So in summary, you can create a VI and convert it into a DLL and then by passing in String handles, you will be able to control your device.

I have attached all of the code that I used to this Post so that you can have a look and test as well.

Many thanks,
Andrew McLennan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,422 Views)