From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating Digital Inputs (PCI-6527)

Hello,

I am currently working on a project involving reading digital input of a NI PCI-6527 card.

The computer containing this card is not plugged to anything yet, because we are awaiting material from our suppliers to do so, so I would like to know if it’s possible to make the computer "believe" that the card is receiving different signals on its input ports. I would like to know if it is possible to do so using only NI MAX or do I have to use LabView ?

I followed this tutorial (http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3698/en/) but it doesn’t seem to allow doing what I want as I can only read inputs and write on outputs of a virtual device.

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,641 Views)

How would you expect to have a light turn on without power?  The hardware for the inputs is expecting a physical voltage in order to operate the internal optocouplers.  Pages 3-8 through 3-12 of the manual show the physical connections of both the inputs and outputs.  You can create a voltage setup on the outputs then wrap them back into the inputs to see how the card actually responds.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,605 Views)

Unfortunately, the simulated DAQ just toggles the digital line with each read.  Agreed, not useful at all.

Go give this idea a kudos: Interactive DaqMx simulation interface

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,603 Views)