Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple digital output question for NI 9401

Hello,
     I am new to LabView (going to training at the end of the week), but have programming experience.  I am using the NI cDAQ-9172 and the NI 9401.  Also, I am using LabView 8.0. 
     Eventually, I would like to output serial data on the digital outputs of the 9401.  I was wondering if someone could please just give me a simple example program (or even just a screen shot) using the 9401 as a digital output.  Even a program that simply toggles the outputs via switches on the front panel would be nice.  As I said earlier, I am VERY new to LabView, and the example programs are way too complex for my purposes.  I've tried following them, but they lose me fairly quickly.  I can use the DAQ Assistant to set the output high/low, but that is about the extent of it.  I have seen a few programs on the forums that I believe would help, but all of them have been for LabView 8.2 or higher, and I am unable to run them.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Eric
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,437 Views)
Hi Eric,

I’m glad you’re taking a class as they are a tremendous help to adapt your programming experience to a new environment. For the 9401, I would recommend putting the module in slot 5 or 6 to access the counter lines of your 9172. As for an example, I’ve pasted a screen shot of one of the simpler shipping examples simply labeled Write Dig Chan.vi. It’s under Hardware Input and Output\DAQmx\Digital Generation\. If you’d like to see what examples your hardware is suited for, there is a drop down tab in the bottom left corner that you can set up. This VI has the exact functionality that you described in the last post. Have a great day Eric.

Message Edited by Patrick_Ba on 03-13-2008 11:25 AM
PBear
NI RF
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,416 Views)

A coworker helped me with some of the basics, but now with your screen shot to help me get set up with data streaming, I should be set. 

Thanks a lot.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,411 Views)