Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several versions of th PCI-DIO-96 card ?

I had several tries to move my PCI-DIO-96 card ( part number ASSY 182920B - 01  1995) from a G3 Macintosh to a G4. It seem that the card itself is incompatible with the PCI bus of the G4. In particular, I can read the CardBaseAddress but I cannot write at the MITE Base Address. I get an violation error.

Am I right to consider that this version of the card is obsolete ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,448 Views)

Hello,

Which version of driver DAQmx Base do you use?And wich version of MacOSX? Please refer to the DAQmx base readme file; check the compatibility between drivers, OS and cards. How do you get those errors? Did you made a program with LabVIEW, using VISA low level functions and/or registry I/O operations?

Cordially,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,426 Views)

My constraints are the following:

- I implement through a PCI-DIO-96 card a very simple interface between a Macintosh G3 and a data acquisition system (VME crate with a parallel port) through a 8 bit-data and 2 bits handshake, very similar to a parallel printer connection. The data rate can reach several kbytes/sec (random data).

- since 1995, the Macintosh G3  is getting older and older. I would like to switch now to a PowerMac G4 (digital audio)

- I can use any  Mac OS system from 9.2 to 10.5

- I am programming in both sides (VME and MacIntosh) in the C language. (Labview seems an enormous hammer to kill this little fly.)

My first tries were not succesfull. May be I miss some information.

So I formulate my question more precisely: is my PCI-DIO-96 card compatible with the PCI bus of the G4 and does it exists any NI driver to make it work in any of these environment ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,412 Views)

I do not know the specifications of your PCI bus - I know that certain PCI hardware are not supported by the every versions of bus (voltage issues). I don't have any reasons to think that your card is not compatible. However, you must use a version of driver, which is compatible with MacOSX 10.4.

Did you correctly initiate the driver in your code? Take a look on the shipped examples, and use them as startup.

Cordially,

Message 4 of 4
(3,357 Views)