Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set data width using DAQmx and PXI-6534

Hi,

It might be trivial question, but I have search the forum, manuals etc and I couldn't find an answer so far. I generate signal using 'Digital pattern' setting. According to the manual for NI 6534, I can select between a width of 8, 16 or 32 bits. At the moment, the default value is 8-bit for the way that I select physical channels. How can I change it to 32-bit? Can I do this programmatically? Or do I need to select channels somehow differently? Initially I thought that I might be able to access it via property node, but I tried it (as you can see...) with no luck. Here is the code:

CodeExample.png

and a simple drop down control which I use to select channels:

ControlExample.png

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,315 Views)

Hi! 

Have you been able to have any success with this non-programmatically (hard coding it in?) 

Best,

JFP

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,294 Views)

Well, when I tried hard coding the result was a bit confusing, as shown on the attached picture:

HardCodingExample.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,285 Views)

In order to use 32-bit data transfer, you have to use all 8 lines on all 4 ports (8x4=32). By specifying port0_32/line0:7, you're telling LabVIEW conflicting things - that you want 32-bit transfer, but only on 8 lines, which isn't possible.

You should be good to go using the code shown in the middle of your screenshot.

Lindsey Nestor
Program Manager, Hardware Services
National Instruments
Message 4 of 8
(3,277 Views)

Thanks Lindsey, it makes sense! Just one more question - is it possible to set 32 different channels while using all 4 ports? (I have nearly 32 different peripherial devices to control).

Greetings!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,272 Views)

When you say set 32 different channels, do you mean you're creating 32 separate tasks for different devices?

Lindsey Nestor
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,261 Views)

Sorry, I phrased my question unlcearly. I meant one task dedicated to one NI 6534 consisting of 32 different channels. I need to control almost 32 different drivers on the optical bench.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,257 Views)

I believe so! You should be able to click "Browse" on the resource constant for your task and then select all the channels holding the Ctrl button.

Lindsey Nestor
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,240 Views)