Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVID (and SVI3) Pattern Generator

Hi!

I am trying to create a pattern generator so I can prompt my DUT via SVID/SVI3 and observe its response, so ideally this would be a c-Series (PXI is acceptable) solution to pair with the appropriate Analog Input modules.  We have two potential applications...

SVI3 digital I/O.  We implement this with a 4-wire SPI device today.   It has to run at about 25-50MHz.  No particular drive strength required if it can driver a reasonable length of wire at 50MHz. 

SVID digital I/O.  We also use a 4-wire device to implement this. But this is open-drain, running at 25-50MHz, with a 50 ohm pull up.  That forces a rather strong driver.  We assume we’ll need a special driver for this, but it would be great if an off the shelf driver can drive this.

Does NI have a solution here?  Can we use the NI-9401 and cRIO similar to what's described here?

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019VSSSA2&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(731 Views)
  • What is SVID / SVI3? google came up with nothing useful.
  • Do you need 50MHz SPI CLK rate?
  • 50MHz at long wires is not logical, as you're dealing in the RF region
  • You need very good short co-ax cables to achieve 50MHz Clock rates
  •  The fastest DIO c-series card can only support 18MHz (55ns)
    santo_13_0-1668609255016.png

• If you're willing to go the PXI route, you can use any of the FPGA cards or PXIe-6570/6571 - these can go easily to 50MHz (but you need to be an electrical expert to get the cabling right to support proper data transfer at 50MHz)
Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(682 Views)