Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement one shot fuse on the PCI-DIO-96?

I have several of the old PCI-DIO-96 modules with the resettable fuse.  Last month I received a warning form NI about the potential for the fuse to arch or flame. All the boards are out of warranty, so I would like to replace the fuse myself.  What is the manufacture and part number for the replacement one shot fuse on the PCI-DIO-96 modules.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,219 Views)
Hello,

Are you using the 5 V pin on any of these cards for your application?  If you are not using the 5 V pin, you have the option of removing the fuse and not having one at all.  This will eliminate any possibility of failure.  Please let me know if you are still interested in replacing the fuses and I will get the detailed information about the fuse.
Samantha
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,199 Views)
We do to use the +5v aux line but I did not want to create an altered item drawing. Found out from the sales person at NI the fuse is being replaced with a one shot Littelfuse P/N 154002T.  Have an order in for the fuses and will replace them locally.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,172 Views)

Hello,

I wanted to re-emphasize that the fuse does not need to be replaced if the +5 V line is not tied to ground or if the fuse is not repeatedly tripped.  I just wanted to clarify this for future viewers of this thread. 

Samantha
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,088 Views)