From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding interfacing of ADDI-DATA PA 1500 card

I am currently performing a process in which depending upon the digital inputs through the Digital IO card Addi-Data PA1500, some actuator motion has to happen.

The sensors are connected to the Addidata PA1500 to the inputs bits and the output bits are connected to the actuators.

I have declared input and output bits using global variables.

But how do i connect the global variable (bits) with the card.

Even though i assign them variable names like

DE 0.0, DE 0.1.....DE 0.7--> input bits

DA 0.0, DA 0.1.....DA 0.7--> Output bits.

how do i link or  address these variables to point to pins in the addidata card.

Declaring global variables with these names does not make these variables point to pins in the Card right?

What are the settings to be made to make the variables link to the pins in the Addidata PA1500 DIgital IO card?

I am attaching the card read and write vi which works on certain conditions. Kindly help me in linking the global variables and the pins in the card.

Thanks in advance. 

Regards
Grugh Mike

Success is Everything !!
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,075 Views)

Grugh,

You have to have drivers for this DAQ. They have to come either from the manufacturer, or you will have to make them. I would suggest contacting the manufacturer first because writing drivers is quite the task.

Jordan G.

NI Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,051 Views)