Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming USB-6501 with Agilent VEE Pro 9.2

Hey everybody, I am trying to toggle an output digital signal with the data acquisition device USB-6501 using Agilent VEE Pro 9.2.

I was able to communicate with the device without any problem, and I am also able to use the action commands.

However, when I looked into the manual, it stated that the input required by the "write digital output" required an UINT8 input (since the device has 8 lines per port);

but when I look into the command options, it stated that it'll only read UINT16 inputs...

I tried to use both, however neither seem to work.

When I tried to input "true" or "1" into P0.0, the value that I read on the DMM is still almost zero (instead of the 4.7 V I was expecting).

If anyone can please let me know if I am doing something wrong, I would highly appreciate it!

Phantom

20651i1178ED69265B2E17

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,359 Views)

Hi Phantom,

The first step is to communicate with the device using Measurement and Automation Explorer test panels.  It sounds like you have and it works.  Next the helps states that it expects an array of Unsigned 8-bit integers to write to the port.  It expects an array of 8 elements because it writes to the whole port rather than just one line at a time.  Try sending an array to the port.  As for communication with device via Agilent VEE Pro, it might be best to bounce ideas off of their technical support team to ensure the commands are correct within the API.  Always try using the device in a basic text based environment as well.  There are shipping examples with DAQmx for text-based programming found at Start»All Programs»National Instruments»NI-DAQ»Text-based Code Support...

Best,

Adam
Academic Product Manager
National Intruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,334 Views)

Hello Adam,

Thank you very much for your help 😄

I will definitely try that, and I will also try to contact Agilent.

I have indeed tried with MAX, and the only part that really confused me was that the device was looking for two different kinds of inputs...or so it seems.

But thanks again!

I will probably post more questions about this topic later haha.

Phantom

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,329 Views)

I tried to use VEE Pro 9.2 to control NI-USB-6501 and the write functions do not work properly. For example the function WriteDigitalLines() activates only the odd channel on the DAQ, even thou all the bits in the array are set to 1. Does any one programmed this DAQ successfully in VEE?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,106 Views)

Hello there!

I have searched on the internet for the Agilent VEE 9.21 Readme, here it is:   https://www.keysight.com/upload/cmc_upload/All/VEE-921-Readme.htm?&cc=CR&lc=eng

It says that: "Agilent VEE 9.2 no longer provides official NI supportability. However, you are still able to use the existing NI interfaces."

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,073 Views)