Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically determining generation length of active waveform on HSDIO 6551

Hi there,

is there a way of determining the length of the active waveform in the HSDIO memory programmatically? During my program, I'm using waveforms of different lengths which I'm downloading once. In order to perform a synchronous acquisition, I need to define the number of samples to acquire, but where do I get it from.
Is there another way than storing waveform lengths in a FGV upon loading of generation wfms?

Cheers
Oli
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,478 Views)
Hi Oli_Wachno,

Please have a look at the example I attached. As I'm not quite sure what you're looking for I hope this will help you.

Cheers,
Bernd
Message 2 of 5
(3,455 Views)

Hi Bernd,

could you please repost your example in 8.2.1? Haven't dared to update yet Smiley Very Happy

Cheers

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,450 Views)
Sorry for that, here it is stored for version 8.2.1.

Bernd

@Oli_Wachno wrote:

Hi Bernd,

could you please repost your example in 8.2.1? Haven't dared to update yet Smiley Very Happy

Cheers

Oli

Message 4 of 5
(3,445 Views)

Hi Bernd,

thanks, but this example did not solve my problem unfortuneately Smiley Sad

What I'm trying to do is loading several waveforms of different length into the onboard memory of a 6551 using the HSDIO driver for an ATE application. For starting the acquisition featuring hardware compare, afaik I have to specify the acquisition length of the waveform I'm generating. I can get the waveform length by storing it to a FGV (what I'm doing right now) when downloading the pattern and recalling upon usage. But I was looking for a more "sophisticated" way of doing it. The HSDIO should have that values stored somewhere Smiley Happy

Regards

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,435 Views)