From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power requirement for NI 9266 @ 24VDC

What is the total power requirement for NI 9266 @ 24VDC from external power suppluy and from chassis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,385 Views)

Details are available in the specifications document - https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376325c_02.pdf

santo_13_0-1635253769386.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 5
(1,354 Views)

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for ypur reply, I have gone through the manual/Datasheet. That means from the chassis it draws 230mW for all 8 channels.

From external power source it draws 3.1 Watt maximum with for all 8 channels.

I need to consider both power supply current for calculation

Hope this understanding is correct. please confirm.

The same way for other IO cards also to be calculated?

Regards

Shivaraju MB

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,329 Views)

Yes. That is how I would do that.

Just curious, why are you interested in individual module power consumption? are you going to run this off a battery?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 5
(1,325 Views)

Thank you for your reply,

No. Notrunning on battery!

I am using NI cRIO 9056 Chassis (8 Slots) long with 8 different IO Modules (AI/Ao/Di/Do/Serial)...so need to calculate the total power supply required for the entire system.

Apart from the above system, I have external relay modules/Boards (of third Party) to drive some loads (like Solenioed/Contactors........)!.

Thank you.

Regards

Shivaraju MB

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,319 Views)