Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll the status of PFI2 of a 6562 Card

What is the simplest way to poll the logic level of PFI2 of a 6562 card. Ideally I would like to be able to do this without setting up a dynamic session and waiting for a trigger? Does anyone know how this can be done?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,411 Views)

Hey Steve,

Unfortunately the API does not have a way to do this, so I was going to see if there might be another way to achieve what you are trying to do. I am curious if you are able to move your signal on your PFI line to a data line? If so, then you can either do a Static Read on that data line, or even use that data line as a trigger with the Pattern Match Trigger capabilities. Also, I am curious what kind of application that you are doing in that you need to constantly poll the PFI line and not use the triggering capabilities of the PFI? Can you provide some details of why you are trying to do this, and we might be able to come up with some other suggestions. Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

DJ L.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,406 Views)

The application is for hardware that I have absolutely no ability to modify. I don't need to constantly poll the line but need to be able to determine the static logic state when I need to. I need static capability to read the line for probing purposes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,393 Views)

The application is for hardware that I have absolutely no ability to modify. I don't need to constantly poll the line but need to be able to determine the static logic state when I need to. I need static capability to read the line for probing purposes.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,392 Views)

Steve,

If I understand correctly you basically want to be able to read the PFI line as if it were a digital line? As DJ mentioned in his first post we might be able to do this by configuring a trigger of some sort, but we would like to get a higher level overview of what you need to do with your application. Can you provide us some information on the signals that you are expecting and what polling the PFI line will mean to this application. I understand it is not ideal to have to configure a task to "read" the PFI line but this might be the only option. Any further information will be helpful. Thanks!

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,347 Views)