Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please update NIDAQmx for SUSE

NIDAQmx has been released in 2005, I think it is due for a minor upgrade to say the least. It is working great in my environment, but after several hacks and a few hours. I hope NI implements this suggestions:

* Update the NI-DAQmx 8.0 page here:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/376/lang/en

to point that the user needs to install NIKAL. Furthermre, remove the OBSELETE 1.2 NIKAL from NI-DAQmx RPM, and let the user _first_ install the latest NIKAL, whatever that may be, then install NI-DAQmx.

* Fix installer problems. There are a couple of problems with NI-DAQmx (under bin/)
1. Change "asm_offsets.h" to "asm-offsets.h" (Line 89)
2. UTS_RELEASE is no longer set in SUSE, so the check in line 117 is invalid "# check that the headers dir that we found is for the correct version of  the kernel". I removed that check completely and it installed fine.

Please make these changes and release NI-DAQmx for SUSE.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,933 Views)

Hi KNRO,

Thanks for your feedback!  We always welcome user feedback on how we can make our products better.  To make product suggestions in the future, I recommend that you go to ni.com/feedback and follow the link for "give us feedback" to be sure that it will be seen by the appropriate group.

Thanks,

Luke
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,919 Views)