Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical connection for digital port output

Hi all, i'm currently trying to use DAQ assistant to generate continuous pulses with my digital output using 6221.

Say the output port is port 0. How do i physically connect to this port? It's not possible that i have to connect all 8 lines right? I've tried connecting to P0.0 (pin52) but nothing.

Message Edited by ATMA on 01-07-2008 09:56 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,048 Views)

Hi ATMA,

You had said that you are using the DAQ assistant to generate continuous pulses with, I am assuming, a 68 pin PCI-6221 card. Using the DAQ Assistant to generate a continuous pulse train requires using a Generate Signals>> Counter task, instead of a digital task. This can be seen in the following image. As such, the output will be from the counter you select when setting up the task, not from one of the digital ports.

I tested this by setting up a DAQ Assistant Counter task that uses counter 0 to output 100 pulses. I then wired on my breakout box from the counter output to an analog input and ran a test panel in MAX to see that input channel. When I ran the LabVIEW program with DAQ Assistant, I was able to see the pulses on the test panel.

I hope this explanation helps. Good luck, Mallori M.

Message Edited by mallorim on 01-09-2008 10:49 AM
Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,021 Views)