Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel DIO with PCIe-6363

Hello,

I'm looking to use a PCIe-6363 to pass some data back and forth between a FPGA, I want to use 32 of the DIO for communication and then a seperate line for clock. Is this possible with the 6363 and is there a good set of examples? I've never needed to handle large amounts of information this way. And is there a max clock speed that this will top out at? To be clear, the reads and writes will be very seperate events, not simultaneous. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,833 Views)

Hi MRSnyder,

This is within the specs of the device, so there shouldn't be any problem using 32 DIO lines plus one more with your 6363. The maximum clock speed is 10 MHz for DIO. As for examples, I would reference a few of the shipping examples that come with LabVIEW to handle reads and writes. You can specify multiple channels at a time using the colon operator (ie, ai0:8). To get to the relevant examples, open the example finder (Help >> Find Examples) and select the "Browse" tab. Then, browse according to task. Navigate to "Hardware Input and Output" >> DAQmx >> Digital Measurements (or for digital writes, Digital Generation). These examples range from very basic (Read Dig Chan.vi) to more advanced. The "Synchronization" folder has a few examples to help you in running multiple tasks.

I hope this helps -- let me know how you progress!

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,823 Views)