From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-6738 Analog Output Update Rate, Banks vs. Channels

Howdy Folks,

I am trying to understand the update rate for the PXIe-6738. The online documentation provides different update rates depending on how many channels are in use, and in a footnote, it states:

"All analog output channels are grouped into banks, as shown in your device pinout. Each bank consists of four AO channels using one DAC. Any channels being used within a single bank will update simultaneously."

I am trying to determine if the PXIe-6738 is capable of simultaneously updating 32 distinct outputs. I am skeptical of the statement that any channels within a single bank will update simultaneously because the block diagram from the user manual (below) shows a single DAC associated with each bank of four channels. Does anyone know if the PXIe-6738 is actually capable of simultaneously updating 32 distinct outputs? Or is it effectively limited to simultaneously updating 8 outputs? Any clarity or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks folks.

From the device manual:

PXIe-6738 manual screenshot.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(562 Views)