Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-657x type of relay used to disconnect I/O channels to VHDCI connector

Solved!
Go to solution

The high-level block diagram in the PXIe-657x training manual shows relays on the channels between the pin electronics and the VHDCI connector.  I have a situation where two PXI resources have to access the same bond pad of a die at mutually exclusive periods and I am trying to determine the impedance of the DIO channel where leakage might occur.  

RTMicrochip_0-1669835087052.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(826 Views)

Those are going to be solid-state relays and there will be leakage. I would recommend adding an external relay in your test setup to completely isolate the signals.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(796 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RTMicrochip

Thank you, santo_13 for a very quick response to my query.  A design oversight uses the same bond pad in one set of test structures to be driven by the PXIe-6570 as the enable pin and on another set of structures that pad sources a 125nA current reference to be connected to a PXIe-4071 DMM in the automated wafer probing system.  A few nanoamps of leakage is significant so your suggestion for an external relay is the only real option.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(783 Views)