From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 7354

Hi 

I am looking at the motion controller PXI-7354 in a PXIe-1062Q chassis with a PXIe-8108 Embedded Controller. After looking through the manuals and online sites for the PXI-7354 I have not been able to come to a clear conclusion of whether or not the motion controller could support operating an actuator as well as running a servo and/or stepper simultaneously. The manual states that the PXI-7354 has extra analog inputs running 16 bit, however I am unsure if those would suffice in what I am looking to do. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,298 Views)

Hi FRumd,

The thing to know is that you can't use a hardware trigger to trigger the Analog I/O and there are some rate issues that are addressed in this KnowledgeBase Article. Other than that you'll have access to the +/- 10V AIO so I'm thinking they could activate an actuator just fine depending on the requirements.

Also this question might get more relevant traffic on the motion discussion forum HERE.

----------

Aaron F.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,277 Views)