Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-6542 Waveform sync

I have a PXI-6542 device and am trying to simultaneously send two signals out generated by MATLAB scripts. Currently the signals are going through DIO 0 and DIO1, then come out but not simultaneously. One waveform comes out then then it goes to zero and then the othe waveform comes out. I know they should  be coming out at the same time, but they are not. IS there a way to fix this.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,485 Views)
Hi Monty,

Are you using LabVIEW (what version) with MathScript node or are you using MATLAB? If you are using LabVIEW, are you communicating with the 6542 inside the MathScript node or using the HSDIO driver? Lastly, do you have indicators for the waveform being created so that we can compare this against the waveform being read in?

Message Edited by David L. on 02-23-2007 04:29 PM

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,477 Views)
Yes I am using Labview v. 8.0.1 with the MATLAB node. I am usign the HSDIO driver to communicate with the 6542. Yes I do have indicators for the waveform.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,455 Views)

Monty,

The HSDIO driver works such that we write a U8, U16, or U32 to the 'niHSDIO Write Named Waveform.vi' and it outputs the data accordingly on the digital lines. Please see the attached picture for an example of how a U8 looks as a waveform.

A great shipping example to look at for your application is Dynamic Generation of Multiple Waveforms.vi, found under Help » Find Examples... » Hardware Input and Output » Modular instruments » NI-HSDIO » Dynamic Generation » Non-Scripted. Please make sure you are creating this type of waveform output from the MATLAB script node, and then writing that to the VI mentioned above.

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,431 Views)