Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 6512 continuous waveform generation

My PXI 6512 task is giving an error saying that its not supported. Is it not possible to generate a continuous pulse using PXI-6512 ? I am using onboard clock as clock source. What should be the clock source?  Example program given in LabVIEW for Digital IO continuous waveform generation is also giving an error for PXI-6512?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,687 Views)

Hi satcr,

Can you post a screenshot of that specific error? That will give some specifics to what could be going on here.

Best,

Claire C.
AppSW Staff Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
CLD|CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,631 Views)

Sir,

Please find the error message screenshot

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,618 Views)

Hi satcr,

Can you try to delete this property node and rewire?

Best,

Claire C.
National Instruments
CLD|CTD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,607 Views)

This is a code from LabVIEW examples under help for digital outputs under daqmx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,599 Views)

Hi satcr,

Yes, but for this particular card, that property is unsupported. You can find the properties that are supported at the link below. The PXI and PCI form factors will share most if not all of those supported properties.

NI PCI-6512 Supported Properties
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370471AM-01/cdaqmxsupp/pci-6512/

Best,

Claire C.
National Instruments
CLD|CTD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,594 Views)

Hi Claire,

Even after removing this property node same error is coming. Actually error is getting generated at Daqmx Timing Vi itself.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,581 Views)

PXI-6512 only supports on-demand timing, which means it cannot import hardware clock to generate the ON/OFF signals. Therefore, you cannot use DAQmx Timing VI. The only way to somewhat implement on/off is to use a while loop with some timing VI such as Wait Until Next VI and put DAQmx Write VI within it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,568 Views)

Ok.. In that case how to get a deterministic 10 kHz pulse on its output? How to make my timing vi deterministic?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,547 Views)

Due to hardware limitations of not being able to output signal based off of hardware clock, it is not possible to output 10kHz signal with PXI-6512. You will have to get another device that support hardware timed DIO such as PXIe-6535.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,536 Views)