From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-6509 configure timing acquisition

Hi,
I've a problem to configure timing acquisition of PXI-6509.
I'd like to sets the source of the Sample Clock, the rate of the Sample Clock, and the number of samples to acquire.
I used the following function:

DAQmxCfgSampClkTiming (taskHandle, /Dev3/ctr0, 100, DAQmx_Val_Rising, DAQmx_Val_ContSamps, 1000));

where /Dev3/ctr0 is a PXI-6722, but from TestStand the application return me an error (in attach).

I used TestStand 4.0 and CVI 8.5

Thanks
Marco
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,179 Views)

Hi Marco

The error you reported is a CVI-DAQmx error. What is important when you receive any DAQmx erro is the error code.

Error 200077 means that the operation you are trying to perform or the values you selected are not supported on the device you are using. You might be designating options for the data acquisition that are not available on your device, such as in triggering or clock configurations..Also, whenever you get the error -200077, LabWindows/CVI will indicate why the error is occuring. More often than not, it is because the value that you have requested is out of range. In order to correct this error, note what the accepted value range is and change your configuration accordingly.

Hope this can help.

Best wishes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,156 Views)
Ok, I'd like to acquire a lot of samples using PXI-6509 and I want to configure acquisition rate with external clock signal sent by PXI-6722.
Is it possible? Which function should I use?
Unfortunately with the function posted above it doesn't look possible....
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,145 Views)