From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-1065, measurement 0 issue.

Hello, guys~

I have a PXI-1065 controller that is used for ProbeCard in semiconductor industry.

I got a problem about measurement.

Measurement output is 0 again and again.

I tried to troubleshoot that like under list.

1. Lambda PWR Supply Swap
  2. Replacement of PXI Tester Accessory Board
  3. Change the PXI Soft Program
  4. The cable swap
  5. MUX0/1 and SMU0 were self-tested and all passed.

Somebody help me please.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,303 Views)

PXI-1065 is a PXI Chassis that houses several instruments and an embedded controller.

Since this is an application-specific problem you definitely need a Test Engineer to understand the implementation and debug the issue.

Since you're using a wafer probe, please ensure the probe pins are good and so does the wiring to the probe pins. Your description of measurement is 0 is not enough to suggest idea, you need to explain what kind of DUT, what measurement, how is it done, electrical connection, instruments used etc.,

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,282 Views)

Hi~

We have two PXI-1065.

one of them run perfectly in same condition.(same wiring, equipment, ProbeCard, and etc.)

We do not use probe pins just connect with cabels.(probecard and PXI.)

We do not use Wafer when we do relay test in probecard.

If you have any question or wondering just let me know I will explain more.

Thanks.

measurement_0measurement_0

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,270 Views)

This looks like a custom-built application, any reason you cannot reach out to the supplier to help you debug?

In order for any of the forum members to help debug the issue, you need to provide all details starting a list of instruments, connections, cables used, source code of the application and list of tests you run on the DUT and how those are tested etc.,

Edit:

Taking an easier approach, use the same set of cables and fixtures, just swap the whole PXI 1065 chassis. Now you would easily know if there is any instrument fault. It is also worth verifying all the configuration files/settings you use for the application.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,266 Views)

Hi~

I already changed the whole PXI 1065 chassis under same set. -> same issue.

I couldn't find a fail of instrument so, I ask for information.

I don't have an authority to approach source code of application.

We use PXI, PC and Lamda supply.

Just test open-close relay.

That's all. 

[before changed]

PJ_Son_1-1642551036133.jpeg

[PXI changed]

PJ_Son_2-1642551048377.jpeg

[using cable]

PJ_Son_0-1642550990093.jpeg

thx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,243 Views)

All that error text above your table of values in the first pic suggest that some critical config info was not found in that setup.  Test definitions and limits weren't found, in which case it isn't too surprising (to me, from a distance) that some data is not being captured / measured / reported, causing default 0 values to be displayed.

I wouldn't suspect the hardware until you eliminate config issues as a possible root cause.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,237 Views)

HI, Kevin.

Thanks for the your opinion.

so... what should I do?

Check the PXI file?

Re-install the PXI application?

+ other PXI that is perfectly running shows also same error text above table of values

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,229 Views)

It sounds like you've done the relevant hardware swaps without finding a cause, so it seems pretty likely there's a configuration difference of some kind. 

I'd be comparing the device and instrument aliases in MAX and then also looking for a program-specific configuration file of some kind, perhaps in the same folder as the executable.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,194 Views)