cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFI Terminals BNC 2090A + PCIe-6363

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using a PCIe-6363 multifuntion I/O devices connected to two BNC 2090A rack mount connector. I am trying to connect a PDM module to the DAQ counter. The module outputs a TTL signal. I am using NI MAX to see any sort of signal from the DAQ device. I currently have the TTL output connected to the PFI0 terminal on the BNC 2090A. Using NI MAX I have setup a DAQmx counting task. I have tried several combinations of CTR channels with several PFI terminals. I have seen no counts from any channel. Can someone help me to find the correct channel.

I think the PCIe-6363 device channels do not match up perfectly with the BNC 2090A channels. If this is the case is there a remapping available or are the two devices just incompatible? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,200 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mac99

As per this link, BNC2090A is supported for 6363 both connectors

santo_13_0-1620703565693.png

Looking at the pinout of M series card, BNC2090A expects PFI0 to be at the pin11 of the connector.

• BNC2090A - PFI0 BNC maps to PFI0 on Connector 0
  • BNC2090A - PFI0 BNC maps to P0.16 on Connector 1

It is possible that you connected your PDM signal to the PFI0 BNC of the accessory connected to Connector 1, please verify if you're connecting the PDM to the connector 0 accessory.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 3
(1,176 Views)

Hi santo_13,

Thanks! This was my issue. I was connecting my PDM to the PFI0 BNC of the accessory connected to Connector 1. In this situation I need to use the Connector 1 accessory so switching to P0.16 on the BNC accessory should fix my issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,171 Views)