Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe 6535 not detected

Hi,

That version is not the version I was looking for exactly.  Once you open MAX, expand the software tree and look at the version of NI DAQmx, and let me know what you see there.

Let's also get the latest firmware revision on the cards experiencing issues.  To do this, click here and install the firmware updater.  Also, please write down and repost back which revision is currently on your cards (you will see this when you run the updater).  If you are currently on the lastest revision of firmware, try the older version here.

Once you install the firmware for the boards that are broken, you must shut down power to your pc, not just a restart.  Also, be sure you are using the x16 slots when you do this so that you can test out the card to verify functionality.  Once verified, move the boards to the x1 slots and see if there is a change in behavior.  If the boards are still not identified after the first restart, do a soft restart (selecting restart in the OS) and see if Windows identifies it there.

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,118 Views)

Also, do you have any other NI hardware in your machines other than 6535 cards?  Which non-NI DAQ card worked in the x1?  Just want to make sure we are only working with this card in particular.  Thank you for the information.

Kyle A.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,115 Views)

9.2.3.  Firmware on the cards was old: 07052112 from 5/21/2007. Updated to the one in your link. Moved card to x1 slot, still not seen.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,110 Views)

Did you do the computer shut down then power up?  Do you see them in Device Manager and just not MAX, or neither Device Manager or MAX?  Did you try a soft reset after this was completed? 

Can you please provide the specifications on your motherboard as to how much power the x1 slot can provide to the device connected to it?  And are you able to change the power provided, either increasing or decreasing the power?

Kyle A.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,103 Views)

Yes, power cycled a couple times.

No Nidaq card/s are not seen in device manager when moved to x1 slots, but are seen in x16 slots.

Intel S5520SC system board.

I see no option for power for the slots in the bios.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,101 Views)

The two cards that do not identify in the x1, do they identify anywhere else?  In any system?

Kyle A.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,095 Views)

Nope.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,091 Views)

My hunch was that the x1 slot might not be providing enough power to the 3.3V rail regardless of what else is connected in the other slots.  Assuming the other boards you tested use less power than the 6535, they might still be able to work just fine under these circumstances.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,084 Views)

Any special tricks to force the system board to provide enough power?  I see no options to do that in the bios.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,082 Views)

Hey blueboyhi,

There seems to be some missing information somewhere along this thread, and it would be helpful if you could help clarify things by filling out the following table:

For Board SN, if you don't want to post the Serial Numbers, then just post like board 1, 2, 3, etc. but keep track somewhere how you refer to board # and its corresponding serial number for future reference. Also, for Board Revision you can put something like C-01, C-01L, D-01L, etc.

Board SNBoard RevisionPC A x1 slotPC B x1 slotPC C x1 slotPC D x1 slotPC E x1 slotAll PC's x16 slots
Board 1 SN x-01L Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N?
Board 2 SN x-01L Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N?
Board 3 SN x-01L Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N?
Board 4 SN x-01L Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N?
Board 5 SN x-01L Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N?
Board 6 SN x-01L Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N?
Board 7 SN x-01L Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N?
Board 8 SN x-01L Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N?
Board 9 SN x-01L Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N?
Board 10 SN x-01L Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N?

If you only have 5 of the 6535's, then you only have to fill in Board 1 through Board 5. I think if you have 2 or 4 boards that are not working in any of the x1 slots of any of the 5 machines that you have, then you should start thinking about RMA'ing those boards. Also, have you seen any trends, like all of the D-01L boards don't work in x1 slots, but all of the C-01L devices work in all/any of the x1 slots?

Regards,
DJ L.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,078 Views)