From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6518 not every time recognise by Win10 Pro

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I have an interesting problem, that I describe below:

The main problem: In Win10 Pro op. system my PCI-6518 card not every time recongnise by Win 10. In tool manager In certain coexistence I can't see the card.

The detailed phenomenon is the following:

As long as I shut down the PC and turn it on (so no reboot), no problem the PCI device is visible.
If I always restart the PC, everything is OK.

However, if I shut down the PC after a reboot and then turn it on, the PCI device disappears.
However, in the previous case, if I power off the PC (toggle switch on the back of the PC) after a shutdown and then power on, the PCI device is also visible.

The motherboard is Advantech ASMB-787 which uses PCIe-PCI-bridges to connect PCI slots.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(617 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Barnabas

I guess it has something to do with proper power cycling or some signal telling the PCI card that it has to reboot.

Check if Advantech has any known issues or workaround.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(585 Views)