Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6515 driver hangs on installation

Hi-
I have a brand new PCI-6515 DIO card that we just bought. Windows' Add New Hardware wizard recognizes the model of the card, but hangs while installing the driver (just after it says "creating a system restore point"). The computer is running Windows XP SP 2. I've tried using NI-DAQ 7.1, 7.3, and 7.4; all fail in the same way. I've tried three different PCI slots; the slot the card is in doesn't matter. I've also tried installing the card with no other cards installed, and with the following cards installed:

1) network card
2) network card, PCI-DIO-96, PCI-6711, PCI-6023

The computer is an Advantech Industrial Computer 610, 256 mb of memory, 700MHz Pentium 3. The other NI cards (PCI-DIO-96, PCI-6711, PCI-6023) don't have a problem; the drivers install correctly and NI-DAQmx recognizes them.

The PCI-6515 card does seem to work in a Dell Dimension (2.4GHz celeron, Windows XP SP 2, Ni-DAQ 7.1)...so, I don't think the card itself is completely defective. (But, I cannot permanently use the Dell computer for this card - I borrowed the computer from another task only to test this card).

What do I need to do to get the PCI-6515 card to work in the Advantech computer?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,130 Views)
Hi Dave,

Take a look at this post about the PCI-6509:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=70&message.id=2467#M2467

The 6515 requires 3.3V like the 6509 and also has a green LED indicating the presence of the 3.3V power.

I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,121 Views)
Thanks - it did seem to be a missing 3.3v problem. (Switching from an AT to an ATX supply seems to light the LED and fix the driver-crashing problem).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,108 Views)