From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6509 Not in MAX

Hi all,

I've installed NI DAQmx 8.0 into my XP home PC. After installation, shutdown my PC and install the PCI-6509 board and boot-up.
   When boot-up, window is able to found new hardware and I select install the software automatically.

On the Window Device Manager, it's shown Data Acquisition Devices - PCI-6509. However on MAX (version 4.0) under "Devices and Interfaces", it's unable to show the PCI-6509 card eventhough refresh for a couple of times.

May I know, any issue on my installation which causing PCI-6509 is not installed properly. Please advise, thanks.

Regards,
lennonSmiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,317 Views)
Hi lennon,

That's strange.  I assume you are looking under the NI-DAQmx Devices category under Devices and Interfaces, right?  That board is supported under NI-DAQmx 8.0, so it should be listed in MAX.  If it's not, I would first try upgrading to NI-DAQmx 8.1, the most recent version of the driver, and see if that helps (it can be downloaded here).  If that doesn't work, I would try removing the board, uninstalling MAX and the NI-DAQmx driver, then reinstalling NI-DAQmx 8.1 then the board.  If something got corrupted in your original install, this should fix it. 

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,304 Views)
Jarrod,

Thanks for your info. I did the following to resolve the issue:

1. Under Windows Device Manager, uninstall Data Acquisition Devices, PCI-6509
2. Uninstall all my National Instruments Software
3. Shutdown and remove my PCI-6509 board
4. Power-up and install NI-DAQmx 8.0 driver
5. Prior to install the board back, check on MAX, it's able to show the NI-DAQmx Devices with not PCI-6509 board detected
6. Shutdown and install back the PCI-6509 board
7. Power-up and Window detected New Hardward and select Install the software automatically.
8. Launch MAX and I'm able to detect the PCI-6509 as well as able to perform Self-Test

But the root cause of why "NI-DAQmx Devices is not found previously? It's due to some features are not installed properly or have been accidentally removed? I'm still play around to see what causing this problem.

regards,
lennon

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,297 Views)
Hello lennon,

It's difficult to say exactly what would have caused the behavior you saw.  It could have that something got corrupted in your original install.  Sometimes if you have trouble after installing the driver from a CD, a good idea is to try downloading the driver from our website.  That at least eliminates the possibility that something is wrong with the CD.  Regardless, I'm glad to hear that it's working now for you. 

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,291 Views)