Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6503 Low Voltage

Hello NI Community,

I am working with a PCI 6503 which seems to have a max voltage output of 3v instead of +5v.

The card is connected via a 50 pin ribbon to a CB-50 LP block which I have wired to a hall effect sensor that requires at least 4.5v to operate. I cannot get the sensor to work or others like it in NIMAX even though the PCI in present. The voltage reading off the connector block, ribbon, and PCI 6503 all read 3v. I have also confirmed the PCI slot on the computer is capable of +5v output and in all other ports it appears to generate this output. The card is new and I'm not sure how to move forward. Any thoughts? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(664 Views)

You should not be using a DIO line to power your hall effect sensor as it may permanently damage your PCI 6503 card as described in the manual.

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/pci-dio-96-pxi-6508-pci-6503-feature/resource/374938b.pdf

santo_13_0-1660787502168.png

If you're looking to power your hall effect sensor, use pin49 which can supply up to 1A at 5V.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(648 Views)