Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6503 Installation Problem

Attempting to install an NI PCI-6503 on Win2K system with LabView 6.1. Followed instructions: installed NI-DAQ 6.9.3, deferred reboot, shut down, installed card, powered-up, installed documentation, ran MAX 2.2, card does not show up. Right-click on Devices & Interfaces, Create New, nothing listed that applies. Un-installed and tried again. Still not found by MAX. Checked for multiple installation of MAX - nothing found. Now what?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,270 Views)
Hi,

The way you've installed your board is correct,but I've still one question. Do you have refreshed MAX? If not then press F5 after MAX is opened. If you've already done that, then open the device manager and check if there are any ressource conflicts (IRQ, base adress,..) with another board.

Regards,
Luca
Regards,
Luca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,270 Views)
I agree with Luca. Also, does you board show up at all in the Device Manager? Are there any resource conflicts? Have a great day!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,270 Views)
MAX is configured to refresh/rescan every time it is run. I key'd F5 in MAX, anyway. Board still does not show up in the list.

The board is listed in the device manager as a Yellow Question Marked PCI device. Described as "driver not installed". No resource conflicts.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,269 Views)
Try shutting down, taking out the board and rebooting. Verify that there is no listing in the Device Manager or MAX. Then shut down and reinstall the board.

If that doesn't work, you may have a damaged board. In that case, please contact NI (www.ni.com/ask) by phone to request a repair.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,269 Views)