From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC crashes after installing HSDIO

Solved!
Go to solution

PC:  Dell vostro-5890, i5 11400F 8G, win 10 system

I try to build a time sequence with PCI-6542. Since the card is too big, I connect the card to my mainboard through a PCIe-PCI patchcord. 

After the connection, PCI-6542 appears in NI-max but with no driver(labeled with a '!'). So I installed HSDIO, and reboot the computer. The computer goes crashed each time on the interface where the password is required. I can enter the system only after unplug the PCI-6542 card.

Do you know that is the problem and how to solve it? Thanks a lot,

Wang

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,246 Views)
Solution
Accepted by zhuodashi

Simple, get a motherboard with a PCI slot.

FYI - PCIe to PCI adapters are not supported by NI cards, it is just because that PCIe to PCI do not function exactly the same as a PCI bus and hence the missing low-level functionalities cause the card to malfunction.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 3
(1,243 Views)

Thank you so much for your advice!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,233 Views)