Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output continuous digital waveform

hello,

I'm attempting to write a continuous digital waveform using the 6259.
I haven't had any luck but would like the duty cycle to be 50% and be able to vary the frequency over the range of the daq cards capabilities. I have been able to use a while loop but the waveforms frequency is too low and not as precise as we need. We're looking for frequencies >500kHz.
If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.
Also we're using Labview 8.0.

best
SS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,196 Views)

Hello,

I've used the example "Gen Dig Pulse Train-Continuous" from the example library and it looks like it is working but the one thing that I'm unable to figure out at this time is how to have the VI running and be able to dynamically change the frequency value.

Does anyone have an idea on how to do this. I currently just use two boolean operators to stop the while loop, which then allows the parameters to update the next time the RUN buttton is pressed. Perhaps there is a better method of generating the continuous pulse train with this on the fly parameter changing ability.

any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

SS

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,187 Views)

Hi SS

Thank you for using our discussion forms.

You were on the right track.   Have a look at the VI that is attached.  It is the finite pulse train example that you have been using.  I just added a DAQmx Write (Counter Output) VI in the loop.  This allows you to update the task as it is running.

I have also added a Wait VI that uses the updated frequency as an input.  You must ensure that the pulse period (in seconds) < loop wait (in seconds) otherwise you will run into errors.  For more information please see the following link.

Have a great day

Chris_K

Message Edited by Chris_K_ on 01-25-2008 02:38 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,165 Views)

Hi Chris,

Could you post a JPG of the VI. I'm running 8.0 and it doesn't seem to want to open.

Thanks for the help in advance.

best

SS

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,162 Views)

Sorry about that, I meant to post an Image anyway.

Here you go.

Chris_K

Message Edited by Chris_K_ on 01-28-2008 10:49 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,125 Views)

Chris,

Just what I was looking to do. thanks again.

best,

SS

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,116 Views)