From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM-USB-1208FS isn't recognized by LabView.

I am using an Omega OM-USB-1208FS and LabView 2012. I can't get LabView to recognize the device. I have seen that someone is the forum has already used this device with LabView: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Digital-I-O/port-format/m-p/2095126 . I have used this device with TracerDAQ with no problems. The ULx for LabView has been installed. I have Visa 5.3 Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,207 Views)

Hello TomEdelhoff,

To troubleshoot this issue please check the following.

1. Check to ensure that your device is showing up in Measurement & Automation Explorer(MAX) under Devices and Interfaces. MAX is located in the National Instruments Folder Windows Start>>(All) Programs>>National Instruments. If your device is not showing up in MAX then I would suggest taking a look at the Visa folder (located in Windows Start>>(All) Programs>>National Instruments>> VISA>>Driver wizard). This Wizard will allow you to manually add your device. 

2. Also, ensure you are using the correct controls in order to populate the device.

Best Regards,

Izzy O.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(7,191 Views)

This device is the Omega house-branded version of the Measurements Computing 1208FS. The driver for it is Instacal, which should be on the same disk as tracer.daq. If it is not, you can get instacal from the Measurement computing web site. The most common reason that Labvie will not recognize the 1208 is that it has not been configured in instacal. This must be done once after instacal is installed, and with the 1208 connected to the USB. Instacal also has test panels so you can verify the hardware operation. After you have configured the 1208 in Instacal, you must exit Labview ( if you had it running, although it is not necessary to have Labview running to configure the device ), because Labview reads the Instacal configuration data on start-up.

Since this is not and NI product, you are NOT using MAX at all, and the 1208 will not show up in MAX. You must use the VI's from the Universal Labview driver pallette.

Hope this helps, good luck,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(7,178 Views)

Hello

I have configured the Om-USB-1208 in Instacal and I can correctly read the signals from 4 channels. However, once I set the Universal Library VI´s in Labview, I cannot find these physical channels. Is there any way to find them?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,751 Views)

Hi seguragu,

What version of LabVIEW are you using, and are you using the LabVIEW drivers provided on Omega's website?

ftp://ftp.omega.com/public/DASGroup/products/OMB-DAQ-2416_OM-USB

Thanks,

Rick C.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,735 Views)

Hello

I am using Labview 8.6, drivers I guess were installed from the OM-1208FS installation CD, right?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,729 Views)

If the ULx pallette is accessible from LabVIEW you should be fine. When you say you can't find the physical channels, what do you mean? Is the device visible if you create a device control?

Rick C.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,727 Views)

I can correctly read the 4 channels I need. However, now I am trying to control one of the channels via Port 13 of the usb-1208FS. However, the remote setpoint is not correctly received by the MFC device. I was wondering if apart from hooking the Port 13 , do I need some other wire connection to enable the remote setpoint?

Thanks

Message 8 of 12
(6,720 Views)
Is this a digital output? What do you see with the mfc disconnected? What sort of loss are you trying to drive and does the daq device source enough current?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,700 Views)

Dennis_Knutson (Knight of NI)

The message you posted cannot be read. Can you upload again please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,698 Views)