From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFF State of PCI-6514 card output

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PCI-6514 card and have connected +24 V to VCC and 0V of the supply to COM.

I can measure 3V in all the output pins when they are in OFF state. Otherwise when I energize the outputs they measure almost 24V dc.

I am concerned about the 3V that is always present on the ouput pins even when the bits are all in OFF state. Is this normal ? ( Two new cards are behaving thus )

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,938 Views)

I believe that there must be groun loop getting formed in ciruit due to improper grounding or supply scheme.

If you can post your circuit connections then it will be good. With respect to which ground are you measuring the voltage?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,936 Views)

I do not think that Ground loops are a problem. Anyway I am enclosing the circuit. I am measuring the voltage with respect to the 24V gnd.

Raghunathan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,934 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MogaRaghu

LevelMinMax
Input logic low voltage (V IL) 0 VDC ±4 VDC
Input logic high voltage (V IH) ±11 VDC ±30 VDC

Hi Raghu,

This is taken from PCI 6514 datasheet as per which the output state should be low till 4V so in my view when you will  work on your application instead of simulator then it will be fine.

Regards,

Gautam Grover

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,850 Views)

LevelMinMax
Input logic low voltage (V IL) 0 VDC ±4 VDC
Input logic high voltage (V IH) ±11 VDC ±30 VDC

Hi Raghu,

This is taken from PCI 6514 datasheet as per which the output state should be low till 4V so in my view when you will  work on your application instead of simulator then it will be fine.

Regards,

Gautam Grover

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,849 Views)

Hi Grover,

Surprisingly this was the exact bit of information that I was looking for when designing the simulator ! Somehow I have missed it. Thanks for pointing out.

Cheers

Raghunathan
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,846 Views)