From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni 9437 always "on"

Hello,

I have a cDaq 9178 with some module. All of my modules works well except one, the NI 9437. it is a module with 8 DI.

When i connect it on my chassis, the Leds of the modules are always on, so when I launch my application on labview, I have always my Inputs on even when I have nothing connected to my module.

Someone know why ? 

I installed the last version of the driver, and I use labview 2014.

Thanks a lot.

Mehdi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,354 Views)

Hi,

had you used the Testpanel of the NI 9437 in MAX and set the digital lines to high?

Sometimes MAX saves this setting and so everytime the lines are on.

Best wishes

Tenshinhan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,352 Views)

Hi, thanks for your fast reactivity

I used the testpanel for set the digital lines to low. But I can't change it. It still to high and I can't modify it.

Here a picture of the TestPanel.

With DO module, i can modify the lines, but I have not other DI module for testing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,349 Views)

Hi,

sorry, I made a mistake and thought it was an DO Module not an DI.

So if you start the "test" in the testpanel you get all bits high even if you have nothing connected to the module?

Have you tried a selftest?

Has the device ever worked as it should?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,340 Views)

Hi,

Yes I get all bits high every time even if i have nothing connected.

The module is new, I received it yesterday. At the begining, this module was not recognized by Ni Max, I installed the last driver of Ni Daqmx then it was recognized. But, even when it was not recognized, the Leds of the module indicated that there are something on the lines.

What is a selftest ? an autotest ? If ti is that, yes I did it. 

Wich is weird that the module works and with labview I can use the DI, but they are always high 😕

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,336 Views)

Hi,

I have added a picture that should help you finding the selftest.

Select the device ant then follow the attached picture.

If it fails the fastest way whould be to call your National Instrumens brach and request a repair.

For such a new device there should be a "Dead on arival" possible and you will ge a new one.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,328 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the picture.

Yes I did the selfTest and it is done, there is no problem with it.

I think I will call NI and see with them what's the problem. Maybe they could send me a new one like you said.

Thank you for you help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,325 Views)
It's probably working fine.
Check the datasheet for connection diagrams - with nothing on the Vsup line, there's no reference for those inputs, and I'd expect them to float like that.

Hook the device up to a power source and see if the lines change state.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376438b.pdf
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,319 Views)

Hi Sowmule,

I studied this module and its datasheet a long time ago after i bought it and I know everything about it.

I thought maybe I have to connect a power source on the Vsup to make it work and I test this solution. But nothing changes 😕

I contacted NI for found a solution and I am waiting.

Thanks for your answer

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,311 Views)