Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIDAQmx-based application crashed on Professional Japanese version SP2

We developed an application using NIDAQmx 8.1, it works fine on our computers (Windows XP), but it crashed on customer side who are using Windows XP Professional Japanese version SP2 (with PCI-6509 and PCI-6703) . The error massage window was popped up, it was written in Japanese. So we think the massage was from OperationSystem (Win XP).
The meanings of the error massage is so simple, "quit the software because of some problem has happened".
What is the reason for this? and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,062 Views)
Hello stnspring,

In order to investigate this problem further, we would have to know exactly what error message they are getting and when it is occuring.  Would it be possible to ask your customer to translate the message to English? 

Also, can you provide some further information about what type of applicaiton this is and when during the execution the crash occurs?  Is the program written in LabVIEW, CVI, Visual Basic, etc.?  In any case, try to use the debugging tools of your particular ADE to help pinpoint the source of the error.  If you can isolate the error to a particular VI or function, that would be very helpful. 

Let us know when you have more information, and we can investigate the issue further.

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,037 Views)

Hi,  Jarrod,

Thank you for your reply. Our application is programmed in Microsoft VC++ 6.0. PCI-6509 and PCI-6703 cards are used to output Digital Pulse and analog signals. We use NIDAQmx library (NIDAQmx8.01) in our application, in order to provide unified support for different cards.

Our developing platform is Windows XP. We have tested on several computers in our company, it all works fine. But when customer installed NIDAQmx8.10 and runs our application, it pop up that error message. It seems that this error happens right after the program start-up (I will check with our customer to make sure of this), and the error message is in Japanese (their OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Japanese version SP2.), The meaning of the erro message is just: "Quit the Software because of some problem has happened". ( I will contact them to make sure of this.) We thuuoght that this may be caused by the different version of NIDAQmx, so we rebuild our application with NIDAQmx8.10, the problem remains the same.

This sound really strange.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,039 Views)
Hello stnspring,

I'm starting to wonder if the error you're encountering may just be due to an inherent bug or problem related to opening a Visual C++ 6.0 application in the Japanese OS.  I did a quick Google search and came across this Microsoft Knowledge Base:

List of bugs that are fixed in Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 6

This mentioned a potential problem with using a Japanese template.  If you do not have this version, try upgrading to Service Pack 6, then rebuilding the application.

If this is not the issue, I'm wondering if it would be possible for you to strip out the DAQmx functions from your application and then try to run it on the Japanese OS.  Basically the idea would be to create a comparable user interface and try testing that.  We need to figure out whether or not it is related to the NI-DAQmx driver. 

Finally, if you could get an exact translation of the error message, that may help.  Let us know what you find out.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,028 Views)