From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI9403 input/output setting

Hello everybody,

I'm total beginner in measuring and using NI software, so I'm sorry for possible stupidity of my question 🙂 I'd like to connect optoelectronic incremental displacement transducer to NI9403 module as a counter. But when I'm creating a new task in Measurement & Automation Software, I can't find my module in supported physical channels (New Task -> Acquire Signals -> Counter input -> Position -> Linear -> Supported physical channels). I think I have to set up input channel but I don't know where.

Thank you

Kind regards

Loobosh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,505 Views)

Dear Loobosh,

NI-9403 has only digital I/O, so you can't use it for tasks requiring counters.

I don't really see an easy way to implement what you want. If you are using the module in a CompactRIO chassis, you would be able to design your own custom counter and perform those measurements on FPGA.

I also found an example that shows how you can use digital input to perform encoder measurements, but it also requires a counter for synchronization:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5753

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,476 Views)

Hi Mateusz,

thanx for your advice. I think I should try to design my own counter in LabView 🙂

Regards

Loobosh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,469 Views)