Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI pci-6518 & B&R Panel PC

Hi

i was looking to use a B&R automation Panel PC with the NIPCI-6518 card

http://www.br-automation.com/cps/rde/xchg/br-productcatalogue/hs.xsl/products_160065_ENG_HTML.htm

i was wondering did any one use these cards in the PC before?

I have selected the panel pc option with two PCI cards. One card already in the PC is a cognex card and draws 15W from the PC.

I am worried about the PC delivering enough power to the card & also if the PCI slot matches the national instruments card in regards to compatability.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,931 Views)

Hello Skjomni

I am the applications engineer who will be helping you with your question regarding PCI card compatibility, as I understand you are looking to purchase a panel PC and were wondering if our PCI 6518 is compatible.

I have looked into the Panel PC and also at our card to find some helpful information.

From the Panel PC website I found that you would need a connector block which they can provide for you, this will have a standard 32bit PCI slot which our card will fit into. The 6518 will fit in the space provided as noted from the manual. To fit inside the panel PC the PCI card needs to be less than 177.7mm x 106.7mm and have a 32 bit connector, the specification pages online will tell you the dimensions of National Instruments cards.

Whilst searching the manual I also came across this warning "Information: Only B&R PCIec cards that were specially designed for the Automation PC 820 and
Panel PC 800 can be used.
" Because of this I recommend talking to the PC company, they will have more idea about which cards function in their devices.

If you have any further questions regarding this query please get in touch

Thank you

Stephanie L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,907 Views)