Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI daq toolbox problem with matlab

when using the ni daq tool with matlab (R2007b) i'm getting the error : [code, source, status] = WriteDigitalChannel_nonUI, One or more output arguments not assigned during call to "WriteDigitalChannel_nonUI".

What could be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,188 Views)

Howdy michaelp1,

Thanks for posting on our forums! Could you possibly elaborate a little further on what you are trying to accomplish? Are you using any NI hardware, and if so, what hardware are you using?

It's a little difficult to help you troubleshoot what's wrong with that statement as well without any other context. Could you possibly provide some more code as well to help give us some more insight as to what the rest of your code is setup to do?

Have a great day!

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,173 Views)

Hello, again.

I will elaborate on the problem.

I have NI 9403 DIO and I'm trying to command him by matlab (R2007b) set of commands. (It's a TTL module and I want for example to force logical value on one of it's ports).

With one computer I already succeeded doing so.

Now I have a new computer and I'm trying to do the same.

I've installed the module driver and when applied the same set of commands with matlab I got an error that I need to install "lab-view run time engine".

I've installed run-time engine 7.0 and 8.5 but it didn't help and I think maybe I'm missing something here since on the first computer everything works fine.

Thanks,

Michael.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,169 Views)

Hey michaelp1,

Thanks for elaborating! I'm glad to hear it works on one machine, that's a great start for us. There are a coupel things i'm still curious about, though.

What operating system is the working machine using and what version of the LabVIEW run-time engine does it have installed?

Next, on your new machine, what operating system is it using?

At this point I want to try and isolate the difference between the machines and see what might be missing.

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,141 Views)