From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-6501 and "DO.Output Drive Type" parameter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all.

I have a box, integrated in a TE, that houses a USB-6501 card.

DI and DO are properly conditioned and can be accessed by a custom connector.
A LabVIEW application controls the whole TE and, at start up, configures USB-6501 to work as "Active Drive", following the hints of the article

How Do I Configure My NI Device to Be Open-Drain (Open Collector) or Push-Pull (Active Drive)?

Now, that box needs to be tested out of the TE, as a standalone device, to release a simple PASS/FAIL report.

Usually, the test procedure for boxes like these, are simple.
HW Requirements:
- Power Supply
- PC (to connect to USB6501)
- DMM
SW Requirements:
- NI MAX.
But unfortunately, in this case, NI MAX is not enough to test the box.

OK. I can write a couple of VIs to carry out the task.

Anyway, I have three simple questions:
1) will it be possible, one day, to set default value for "DO.Output Drive Type" parameter, so that USB-6501 will remember his configuration at power-on ?
2) will it be possible, one day, to access "DO.Output Drive Type" from MAX Test Panel ?
3) Where can I find an NI official standalone SW to configure "DO.Output Drive Type" and configure/manage Digital I/O on USB 6501 board?

I hope no one will get angry for this post.

I thanks you in advance for the answers.

Bye

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,978 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NoShelter

Hi,

1) will it be possible, one day, to set default value for "DO.Output Drive Type" parameter, so that USB-6501 will remember his configuration at power-on ?

As a best practice i would suggest to set the property into the LV application you're going to create. I don't have access to your specific HW and this behavior is really HW type related.
2) will it be possible, one day, to access "DO.Output Drive Type" from MAX Test Panel? 

No, this is an advanced feature that is accessible only through LabVIEW.
3) Where can I find an NI official standalone SW to configure "DO.Output Drive Type" and configure/manage Digital I/O on USB 6501 board?

In the example finder (Help-->Example Finder) you can find LabVIEW examples to manage digital communication with DAQ boards.

In particular you've to add to the example code, the "DO.Output Drive Type" parameter as shown below.

DO drive type.png

Bye.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,953 Views)

Thank you Lamber_86.
I appeciate your effort

Discussion closed

bye

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,950 Views)