Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI SBRIO 9632 : Question on 2 Flash/per Second Error on LED

Hey All,

So i'm using the sbRio 9632 and i'm trying to upload to it. Where the trouble began was when I started uploading to the ni board. Upon completing the upload, an error occured (unfortunately I did not note the what error it was). Afterwards, I lost the target and the ni board was nolonger visible and also not communicating. 

I looked at the LED indicator and it is showing a 2 flash/per second error which incidicates that something went wrong with the upload and the NI board software needs re-installing. The manual referred me to the Measurement & Automation Help topics to install the software, but I am unsuccessful in finding how to do so. I would greatly appreciate any tips in getting this board back into working condition. Please let me know if you need anymore information. 

-Franky

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,931 Views)

Hi Franky,

Should be straightforward to get your Single-Board RIO back in a usable state.

This tutorial walks through (re)installing Software on a CompactRIO (or Single-Board RIO) target.

https://learn.ni.com/learn/article/getting-started-with-compactrio-hardware-and-labview

If you are having any issues detecting the target in MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer), then this article walks through debug techiques.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P70YSAS&l=en-US

For software purposes, CompactRIO and Single-Board RIO are essentially interchangable.  The underlying hardware architecture between both targets is the same, so the process to load software or compile code is the same.  I didn't want you to be alarmed that I'm pointing you to CompactRIO turtorials.

Hope this helps,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
Message 2 of 3
(4,925 Views)
Hey Spex,

Thanks for the detailed answer! I'll let you know what happens!

-Franky
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,901 Views)