Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCIe-6509 I/O question

I was wondering if, for the NI PCIe6509, the lines can be changed as input/output on the run, meaning, if initially I set some lines as input I can change them to be outputs while I'm running a program. I know each line can be individually set as Input or Output but I don't know if I can change them on the run. If someone could help me with this I will truly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,677 Views)

I know for sure if you close the task you can create a new one, turning what was as output into an input.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,637 Views)

That's in LabVIEW right? What if I'm using the NI Measurement Hardware Driver Development Kit (MHDDK) in Linux? Any idea? For the application I'm using I can't use LabVIEW and I need to change the lines state from inputs to outputs on-the-go

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,596 Views)

I do use LabVIEW, but that is at the driver level that I perform the switching around.  I know nothing about the MHDDK, so I will have to bow out here.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,592 Views)