Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx 8.5: -229665 Internal Software Error occurred in MIG software.

Measurement & Automation Explorer does not see my PCI-GPIB or either of my PCI-6509 boards.

These devices were working and visible previously from NI-MAX and LabVIEW. I can talk to my GPIB instruments using VISA sessions, but MAX does not show an interface to the GPIB.

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,231 Views)

Hello,

So there is not a GPIB0 folder under Devices and Interfaces in MAX, but there are folders for the Instruments?  What version for MAX do you have?  In addition, what version of 488.2 and DAQmx are installed on the computer?  The version numbers are listed in MAX under the Software expandable and clicking on the driver in question ... the version is displayed in the middle panel in the Attributes tab (sorry if I am spelling it out too much). 

You mentioned it previously was not an issue.  Has anything changed?  Did you download any new upgrades or software?  If you recently installed new drivers, were the devices installed in the computer during installation of the drivers? Are the PCI devices detected in the (assuming Windows OS) Device Manager?  Are there any yellow warning next to the devices? 

Sorry for all the questions ... just trying to narrow down the issue.

Samantha
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,195 Views)
I solved the problem last night; it appears that my MAX Database was corrupted.

The backup and active version were the same size, so I deleted the files per the procedure outlined in How Do I Recover From MAX Database Corruption?

Message Edited by Phillip Brooks on 04-16-2008 09:35 AM

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,180 Views)

Hi,

I got the same error message and followed the instruction: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/86256F0E001DA9FF86256FFD005B827C?OpenDocument

But our folder: C:\...\National Instruments\MAX\Data\ is empty and there is no file named config3.mxs.bak. What could be the problem and how to solve it?

We didn't modify anthing in labview programee. The error message is attached here.

Look forward to quick response!

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,336 Views)

Solved the problem as well with the help of the

MAX Database Corruption Removal Tool

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12805

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,934 Views)

Solution: