cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-9472 to trigger a relay with 5V Output signal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I am trying to trigger an electromechanical relay with 5V Coil Voltage using Digital Output from NI-9472. The idea is to generate a single 5V pulse from LabVIEW that would trigger the relay once.

Can it be done through this DAQ card without the need of external 5V Power source? The current required needs to be 106 mA and I guess the 9472 can generate outputs up to 0.5A.

Some feedback on this and my scheme would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,172 Views)

Digital Output lines do not source any voltage on their own, you need to feed in external voltage as shown in the image

santo_13_0-1661257697699.png

In your case, the "Device" is the 5V relay and you must connect a 5V supply to VSUP

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,144 Views)

Thanks Santhosh for your reply. Does this look correct now?

Screenshot 2022-08-23 154201.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,130 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SS23

@SS23 wrote:

Thanks Santhosh for your reply. Does this look correct now?

Screenshot 2022-08-23 154201.jpg

Correct!

I would guess that the SPDT switch is used to either allow control by cDAQ or through Push-button manually.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 4
(1,115 Views)