From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9425 Digital Input Module

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi, Could somebody please advise myself on the following: I am planning on using the c series module 9425 with a compact RIO to detect 24V DC signals from various devices. Can I simply connect the DI pin to the positive terminal of a 24V + supply and the COM pin to the 0V of the 24V supply? Will the card then detect when the voltage is turned on and provide a path from the DI pin too the COM pin thus compelting the circuit. Or would I have to connect to the card in a different way? Regards Robert Foat
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,415 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RobF

That module is made for 24V logic.  So yes, you can just hook up your voltage straight to the inputs.  It was provide a 30kOhm resistance to ground (input impedence in the spec).  It is generally not a good idea to count on a digital input to complete a circuit.  The digital input should be more of a sense.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(5,412 Views)

Thank you for your quick reply, as you said the 9425 will be used as a sense input and will not be used to complete the circuit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,408 Views)