Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9375 Digital C Series Output Deployment on cRIO-9072

I am using the digital modules to drive some devices. The problem is whenever I start my cRIO-9072, I have to undeploy all my digital modules and redeploy it again in order for it to detect the digital output modules.

In other words, everytime I turn on my cRIO-9072 and run my VIs, the digital output would not work at all until the undeployment and redeployment of the output modules.

Please help! Is there any settings, error or configuration that I need to setup? I would like to build an execution file for my VIs but if I build it, the digital output modules would not be working.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(8,122 Views)

Dear M3RV89,

I have the same issue here...

I am using a CRio 9024, with the 9375 Module. Whenever I run my application the digital output error: 66208 - Shared variable in ... <APPEND> this error/warning occured while writing the following: 192..../MOD44/DO4

I also don't now how to solve it but to undeploy and deploy the IO module. Anyway not the solution of choise, so if anyone knows what is causing this uncomfortable behaviour, it would be nice to share it 🙂

Second problem that I am having with this module, is that the it still ouputs 8.26V when the output is written to zero, when a digital one is applied, it outputs a 24VDC, as expected... Anyway the 8.26V is not accaptable a digital low for my devices that are driven by this module. Am I doing something wrong here, (I am only a beginner in CRIO application)?

Thanks, for reading this, and if I am making mistakes, please don't hesitate to point out my stupidity 🙂

Kind regards,

Roy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,968 Views)

Hi Racoon,

At the moment my problem still persist but I have made changes to it. Undeploy and redeploy is the only way. 

Regarding your problem, you need to provide for details on how you construct it and how you use it. Please provide more details on your issue perhaps some pictures might help to decribe your problem. 

I am new to compactrio too. cheers 🙂

edit: as for your second problem, it is due to your hardware construction. I would suggest you refer to your manual for circuit construction as well as providing more details. cheers 😃

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,963 Views)

I am also experiencing this problem!  I am using a cRIO 9073 with the 9375, and I am having no problems with the DI but the DO doesn't work without redeploying it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,766 Views)

Hi Guys,

I had to update my entire firmware to 2013 (LV2013, cRIO frim 2013,...), and the problem seems to be solved.

So if you can, schedule a day for updating, and hopefully it works also for you.

Succes.

Best regards,

~R

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,748 Views)

Hi Racoon, thanks for the solution. Are you sure the updated and latest labview will solve the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,744 Views)

Hi m3rv89,

I quickly did a second check (just to be absolutely sure), I cycled power on the cRIO and restarted my application, and without manually undeploying and deploying I can communicate with my actuator through the digital output lines on the NI9375.

So I am almost certain that an update will do the trick.

Good luck 🙂

Kind regards,

~R

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,737 Views)

Hi Racoon, thanks! is time to update then! 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,734 Views)

Hi fellow ROI users, likewise I am relative new to the compact ROI and labview, but only today after a power failure I have started to observe the same problem with the NI 9375 module.  The Digital Inputs appear to still work and deploy and are viewable in Distributed System Manager, but the digital outputs want work. I tried redeploying them with no luck, but I didn't undeploy them first so this will be my first trick hopefully tomorrow to get my pumps spinning up again. Thanks for listing the problem, your comments have been quite helpful 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,500 Views)

Hi Roy,

I had the same issue with ~8V at the output when I want it driven to 0V. A simple pull-down resistor works well for me (I used a 10kOhm, 1/4W), and solves the problem. 

I am also observing the same issue with needing to undeploy/redeploy the 9375 module using cRIO 9024 and LabView 2012. Has anyone been able to solve this issue WITHOUT needing to update to LabView 2013? Things always seem to "break" when you update LabView, and I don't have the bandwidth to deal with an update at this time. 

Thanks!
Austin

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,317 Views)