Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Digital I/Os on cDAQ-9187

Hello,

I use a cDAQ-9178 and LabVIEW Version 11.0.1f2. I have amongst others a module NI 9375 and a module NI 9472 for digital output signals.

I try to generate three digital output signals in one VI and to simultaneously write two of them to channels at the NI 9375 and the other one to a channel at the NI 9472. I do this in one single DAQmx-task. That leads to Error -201399:

"Multi-device timed DIO tasks require all modules to be the same type. You can select either all your serial digital modules or all your parallel digital modules in this task."

If I write all 3 signals to 3 channels on the same module (either NI 9375 or NI 9472, works for both) it works fine. I do not understand the problem, what is meant by modules of "the same type"? Is it not possible to use two different DO-modules simultaneously or is it a problem with the combination of modules I have or something completely different?

Thanks for your help!

sebrie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,295 Views)

Hi sebrie,

As the error message indicates, you cannot have a combination of serial and parallel digital modules in a single, timed DIO task.  Your 9375 is a serial digital I/O module, while the 9472 is a parallel digital I/O module.  The difference has to do with how each device communicates with the cDAQ chassis backplane.  You can find more detail here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,224 Views)