Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving the NI card from one PCI slot on motherboard to another

I have installed the NI PCI-6509 previously on my computer. After I put/connected the card on another PCI slot on the motherboard, I got some issues/problems regarding this card amd I'm not able to use it. What should I do?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,902 Views)

Hi Intern,

I would like to ask for a bit more information about what is wrong with your card. Although you had previously installed it in a computer, are you still on the same one and have the DAQmx drivers loaded? Where does the card not work? (Measurement and Automation Explorer? LabVIEW Program?) Can you expand upon ‘I got some issues/problems regarding this card amd I'm not able to use it’ ?

When the card is inserted into the new PCI slot, windows should recognize it as a new device, and you should allow choose to install the drivers automatically. The device should then be found in the device manager, under ‘Data Acquisition Devices’. One we confirm this, the device should appear in MAX under Devices and Interfaces >> NI-DAQmx devices. Do you seen the 6509 there? Does it pass self test? If you put it back in the original PCI slot or in another computer does it work again? Please list any errors that occur.

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,882 Views)