From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Frequency for Digital Output in NI USB-6259 (Mass Termination)

Hi,

I am using the 'Internal Output' of one counter ('Ctr0'), which is generating a clock of 8 MHz, to control the continuos digital output over one line ('line0') in my 'port0'. The data to be written is just a serie of bits (i.e. '11100010').

However, I am not able to have my digital output at such a frequency. If I reduce my frequency to 5 MHz or low, it works perfectly.

The datasheet of this DAQ says that the Digital I/O's work up to 10 MHz. So, why am I not able to work at 8 MHz? What have I to do to get the maximum frequency for the digital output? Is there some buffer limitation for this application?

Thanks and regards,

cmora

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,924 Views)

Dear cmora,

thank you so much for your post on our discussion forum. The 10 MHz you are referring to is only when your digital output is generated form the FIFO memory on the DAQ board. There is a channel property where you can specify to use only the FIFO buffer (use only onboard memory property). You can not write this FIFO while the task is running, so you need to write the fifo and generate from the FIFO.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,912 Views)

Hi Martijn,

Thank you very much. I have activated that property and it works!

Regards,

cmora.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,906 Views)

I am too having the same problem with NIUSB 6259.So,please give me some more clarity on how much fast I can use the 6159 DAQ to perform this taks.Currently , I am able to use only 10 KHz.But the specification is such that iot canwork till 1MHz..

Regards,

Pradeep

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,566 Views)