Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX does not recognize Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) Device**HELP

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PCIe-6259 board.  I want to use input-output blocks in my .vi program (DIO Port Read, DIO Port Write, Read Digital Line), so I installed Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) Devices version 7.4.4.   But, when I got to MAX (Measurements & Automation) and look on the left side under Devices and Interfaces I do not see the Tradional NI-DAQ tab; I only see NI-DAQ-mx Devices, PXI System, and Serial and Parallel.

Then when I go to run my program I get the error: Error-10401 occurred at DIO Port Config  Possible reason(s): NI-DAQ LV: The specified device is not a National Instruments product, the driver does not support the device (for example, the driver was released before the device was supported), or the device has not been configured using the Measurement & Automation Explorer.

So, how do I get MAX to recognize that I installed Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) 7.4.4??? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,819 Views)
The problem is exactly what the message is telling you - "driver does not support the device". The traditional DAQ driver is obsolete and has no support for your M series device. You have to use the input-output blocks of DAQmx.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,808 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AppleE
Thanks for the reply!  I realized this too after going through the example files...but thanks for the reconfirmation.  🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,797 Views)