From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FPGA cRIO-9014, NI-9403 pulse generation

Hello everyone,

I don't have any experience with LabVIEW  FPGA and I hope someone can help me with the questions below. I have 5V TTL NI-9403 DIO module and I want to generate some pulses with the module. I made very basic program and I connected the module's DIO 01 channel to the oscilloscope's positive prob and module's COM channel to the oscilloscope's negative prob. According to program when it is sent true signal to the DIO module, would I see 5V pulse on the oscilloscope?

I couldn't see any pulse on the oscilloscope.

How can I generate pulse from the digital module with Labview FPGA programming?

Kind regards,

Kaan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,233 Views)

Hi,

Yes, you should be able to read the output of your FPGA on an oscilloscope.

In the screenshot you attached, it appears that you are setting the output enable of the I/O line but you are not driving any data to the line. The "Set Output Enable" is used to enable output of the FPGA, typically in a configuration in which you would want to switch between using the line as an output and an input.

The link below goes more in detail about that property and shows some example code on how you can accomplish the architecture you are describing.

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599P-01/lvfpgaconcepts/performing_basic_i_o/

Regards,

Ramsey

National Instruments

Message 2 of 4
(2,188 Views)

Thank you very much for your answer. I am able to see the pulses which are coming from DIO module. I want to control the period and duty cycle of the pulses. I searched it but I could not find how to do it basicly in LabVIEW FPGA programming mode. So do you have any idea how to do it or a link would be useful ?

Many thanks,

Kaan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,172 Views)

Hi,

I don't think there's an exact example for what you are looking for but you can modify the example programs found in Help >> Find Examples in LabVIEW.

You can also take a look at the code in the getting started video (link below) and modify from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4BTo8uF92Y

Best Regards,

RamseyD

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,139 Views)